Saturday, March 29, 2014

Off subject...Room Makeover!

I took some time off to re-do my daughter's bedroom while she's away at college.  We set a deadline of Spring Break to get it done, and I'm happy to report we made it!  Our daughter came up with the color scheme - Navy, Lime Green and White - and I was excited to get going!

*****BEFORE*****
I didn't take many before pictures because it was a typical messy teenager room, and I didn't think I had the energy to clean it up just for "before" pictures!  The walls were a light blue, and there were tan and brown stripes painted around the top of the room.  It looked pretty neat once upon a time.




*****AFTER*****
We went with a pretty navy blue on the walls, and we used lime green, white and grey as accent colors.  

She used to have a queen bed, but we went with two twin beds in an L-shape.  This allows us to configure the beds however we need them for our guests.  It also makes a cool lounging space when our daughter is home from school.





I tried my hand at a little do-it-yourself canvas art.  I think it turned out "OK".  Our daughter liked it, and that's what counts. 



Now back to crocheting!   My Etsy Shop





2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just popped over here from your comment on YHL - I really like the colors in this room and am super-in-love with all the different throw pillows you put on the twin beds! This room looks like it would be so much fun to lounge around in and read books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun picking everything out and putting together.

      Delete